Quotes [#1]

I love quotes. I love collecting them, writing them down, and re-reading them from time to time.

I found this quote in a book I just finished. I found it to be not only excellent, but quite challenging and convicting as well.

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare composed poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of Heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper, who did his job well.'" - Martin Luther King

"Who did his job well." Is that not our goal to hear this? "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master." (Matt. 25:21)

Comments

  1. That's a great quote Emmie! :) Thanks for the reminder that everything -even the small things- should be done to the glory of God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love this. :) Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments and feedback are welcome, whether or not you agree with my opinions and beliefs, as long as they are respectful and courteous. Any comments that are not respectful or courteous will be deleted or edited according to my discretion.

Popular posts from this blog

The Snow Globe

Heaven Song

On a Recently Neglected but Long Time Love